This granting opportunity is now closed.
Pandemic Response Fund
Hamilton Community Foundation is issuing a Call for Proposals to assist charitable organizations from all sectors (i.e. arts, environment, recreation, health and human services, education) to continue delivering important services that deal with the unpredictable landscape created by the pandemic.
To date, HCF has provided grants in three phases:
- Meeting basic needs
- Recovery and rebuilding.
As the pandemic effects on Hamilton continue to evolve, we are broadening our Pandemic Response Fund call to include all three phases.
We invite applications addressing:
- The needs both of organizations and those they serve
- Gaps not fully covered by municipal, provincial or federal relief funding.
HCF is committed to working with other funding partners and community collaborators to move resources quickly and will work to prioritize needs to maximize the impact of this funding.
The Foundation applies an equity lens to our grant review processes. This means special attention will be given to organizations and/or communities disproportionally affected by the pandemic.
- Applicants must be federally registered charities, qualified donees or non-profits with a fiscal sponsorship arrangement with a registered charity (additional information on fiscal sponsorships is available here)
- All initiatives must be directly related to critical needs as result of the pandemic
- All initiatives must be carried out in Hamilton
- Grants will not be made for political purposes prohibited by Canada Revenue Agency for religious, moral or ethical philosophies and/or for purposes which may be deemed discriminatory
We will consider a range of expenses including program costs, capacity building, and/or operating costs.
Complete and submit the on-line grant application, with required attachments by 5pm Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 5 p.m.