Working with you and your clients
Lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and insurance professionals refer clients to Hamilton Community Foundation to help with their charitable giving now and in the future. As philanthropic advisors, we provide neutral advice about flexible giving options and work with individual, family and business clients to help them develop their charitable plans.
When you make us part of your full-service advisory team we work with you and your clients to:
- Implement a philanthropic plan that meets your client’s needs, objectives and personal situation while maximizing benefit to the community. We’ll outline donation options including tax benefits and other considerations
- Offer research and information on community needs, charitable organizations and programs that are making a difference
- Provide grantmaking expertise and a range of administrative services related to charitable giving
We can provide this information either directly to your client or to you. For more information or to discuss your clients’ philanthropic needs contact a member of the Philanthropic Services team.
The following resources may be helpful to you or your clients:
- About HCF – Share this with your clients to give them some general information on HCF.
- Introducing Giving – This helpful video provides three scenarios to demonstrate how easy it can be to introduce philanthropy to your clients.
- At HCF you can choose from a variety of fund types, including: Community Fund, designated fund, donor-advised fund, field-of-interest fund and scholarship & bursary fund.
- There are several ways to donate to HCF, now and in the future including donations of appreciated securities.
- Will Clauses – This document describes options for making a bequest and provides sample will clauses.
- Planned giving – There are many options available when planning donations for the future.
- HCF as an Alternative to a Private Foundation – A helpful summary comparing working with a community foundation vs. establishing a private foundation. We also offer services to private foundations, find out more here.
- Professional Advisors eResource – These resources have been developed by Community Foundations of Canada to help advisors as they work with their clients to meet their philanthropic goals.