If you have a working microphone on your computer:
- Click here (or type https://zoom.us/download into the address bar ) to download Zoom Client for Meetings.
- You will see Zoom downloading in the lower left hand corner of your screen. Once it has completed, click where it says Zoom.exe to install the software and start up the program.
- Upon startup of Zoom, you will be prompted to enter Email and password. If you don’t have a Zoom account yet, click “Sign up for free” (corner of your screen)
- You will be redirected to a Zoom webpage to enter information and choose a password.
- You will be prompted to invite colleagues – you can skip this step.
- You will then be prompted to enter a test meeting. Do so if you wish.
- When you want to open Zoom, you will see an icon (small picture) of a movie camera on your computer desktop. Click on this and use the name and password you chose to use the program.
To attend meetings:
- HCF meetings will be sent by email and will contain two important pieces of information:
- Meeting link
- Meeting password
Click the meeting link – enter the password if prompted (you may not be prompted for a password since you are clicking a direct meeting link).
- Upon entering the meeting you will be prompted to choose an audio source and a video source. Select each source (usually it will select the appropriate sources by default). You will then be prompted to test your audio speaker and microphone.
- Once these steps are complete, you should be in the meeting with working audio and video.
If your computer does not have a working microphone:
- Open the meeting email that you received from HCF.
- Look for “Dial by your location” and choose the number that matches your area. If you’re outside Canada, click the link after “Find your local number” and locate your country and call-in number.
- Make note of the “Meeting ID number” in the email. You will be prompted to enter this number when you call in.
- Call the number and follow the prompts.
I didn’t receive confirmation email to sign up for Zoom.
Look in Spam folders. In Gmail, it may also be in “Promotion” folder.
I joined the meeting but can’t see or hear myself – all I see is a black window with my name in it.
Make sure you that you have enabled your camera and microphone. Move your cursor and you should see two buttons in the lower left hand corner of the Zoom window: Join Audio and Start Video. Click Join Audio and then click blue button Join with Computer Audio. Then click Start Video. If the problem persists, there may be an issue with your computer hardware.